Livingston Masonic Library & Museum Visitor Guidelines (August 2021)
Effective Monday, August 30, 2021
In accordance with the recent New York City Executive Order, the Library & Museum requires all visitors age 12 and older to provide proof of vaccination against Covid-19. Masks are also required for all visitors 2 and older. Proof of vaccination may include CDC Vaccination Card (Physical or Photo), NYC COVID Safe app, New York State Excelsior Pass, or an official immunization record from outside NYC or U.S. To read more details please visit NYC.gov
COVID-19 Guidelines and Precautions for the Library & Museum:
- There is a limit of 5 patrons on-site at the Library & Museum at any given time, which includes any individual(s) with an appointment
- Regardless of your vaccination status, masks must be worn by all patrons age 2 and older throughout your visit.
- Masks or face coverings must completely cover your nose and mouth. Any patron who does not abide by this rule will not be permitted inside the Library & Museum.
- Fit snugly against the sides of the face
- All patrons and staff are required to leave their name and contact information (phone number and email address) and the time of their visit and report any contact with someone who has had COVID-19 for contact tracing purposes.
Disclaimer: The Library & Museum may not be open if a staff member or patron has come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or have themselves tested positive for COVID-19, and have been in the Library & Museum within the last week
- All patrons and researchers must email Director, Alexander Vastola, Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org to set up an appointment to check out, return books, or conduct research. No walk-in visits are allowed.
Library & Museum Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Tuesday and Thursday: 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Library Circulation and Masonic Reading Course Procedures:
- Pick up and drop off services for circulating books: Patrons must submit their requests ahead of their arrival to give staff time to prepare books and allow for swift transactions between patrons and staff
- Patrons may return books contact-free using our book drop located outside the library.
- All Masonic Reading Course-related requests (book return requests, renewals, etc.) from patrons should be sent to the Director, Alexander Vastola, (Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org)
- Patrons will still have the option to return books to the Library by mail.
- Reading Course Certificates for completing reading courses will be mailed directly to patrons
Library & Museum Research Room Procedures:
- All researchers must schedule an appointment to conduct on-site research
- No more than 2 patrons will be allowed to conduct sit-down research at the Library at any one time
- All genealogy and research requests should be sent to the Library via email to the Librarian, Joseph Patzner (JPatzner@nymasoniclibrary.org)
- Brief computer use will be allowed for searching the Library catalog (stations will be wiped down after every use)
- For patrons who cannot conduct their research at the Library, materials can be prepared, scanned, and emailed to patrons.
Library & Museum Artifact Donation and Circulation Procedures:
- Anyone who would like to donate any book(s) or artifact(s) to the Library & Museum must notify the Director, Alexander Vastola (Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org)
- Any requests for the Library & Museum staff to display or send artifacts out to Masonic Lodges or Masonic organizations must be emailed to the Director, Alexander Vastola (Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org)
General Museum Inquiries:
- If you have additional questions regarding the artifact collection, please email the Director, (Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org)
Library Lecture Series:
- All library lectures have transitioned from in-person events to a virtual format live-streamed on our YouTube Channel.
- Notices about the virtual library lectures will be e-mailed to Newsletter subscribers, posted to Eventbrite, and the Library & Museum’s Facebook page
- If you would like to present a lecture as a speaker for the Library’s Lecture Series, email the Director, Alexander Vastola (Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org) for more information
Updated August 24, 2021