Livingston Masonic Library & Museum
(As of July 2022)
Effective, July 25, 2022
To ensure the health and safety of the public and our staff as our library reopens with nearly full service, the following policies and procedures created in collaboration with safety experts must be followed.
COVID-19 Guidelines and Precautions for the Library and Museum:
- Regardless of your vaccination status, we suggest all patrons age 2 and older throughout their visit.
- Masks should fit snugly against the sides of the face and must completely cover your nose and mouth. Any patron who does not abide by this rule will not be permitted inside the Library and museum.
- If you do not have a mask, one will be provided by the library staff.
- All patrons are required to sign in with their name and contact information (phone number and email address).
Disclaimer: The Library & Museum may not be open if a staff member or patron has come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or has themselves tested positive for COVID-19, and has been in the Library & Museum within the last week.
- All patrons and researchers must schedule an appointment prior to their visit. To schedule an appointment, please email, Director, Alexander Vastola, Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org to set up an appointment to check out, return, or conduct research. No walk-ins.
Library and Museum Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Tuesday and Thursday: 12 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Circulation and Masonic Reading Course Procedures:
- Pick up and drop off services for circulating books: Patrons must schedule an appointment ahead of their arrival to give staff time to prepare books and allow for swift transactions between patrons and staff.
- Patrons may return books contact-free using our book drop located outside the library.
- All Masonic Reading Course-related requests (book return requests, renewals, etc.) from patrons should be sent to Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org.
- Patrons still have the option to return books to the Library by mail.
- Reading Course Certificates for completing reading courses will be mailed directly to patrons.
Research Room Procedures:
- All researchers must schedule an appointment to conduct research on-site.
- All patrons are required to wear a mask throughout their visit.
- All genealogy and research requests should be sent to Alexander Vastola at Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org.
- Brief computer use will be allowed for searching the Library catalog (stations will be wiped down after every use).
- For patrons who cannot conduct their research at the Library, materials can be prepared, scanned, and emailed to patrons.
Artifact Donation and Presentation Procedures:
- Anyone interested in donating a book or an artifact to the Library & Museum should contact the Director, Alexander Vastola (Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org).
- Any requests for the Library & Museum staff to display or send artifacts out to Masonic Lodges or Masonic organizations must be emailed to the Director, Alexander Vastola (Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org).
General Museum Inquiries
- If you have additional questions regarding the artifact collection, please email the Director (Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org).
Library Lecture Series:
- All library lectures have transitioned from in-person events to a virtual format live-streamed on our YouTube Channel.
- The virtual library lectures will be announced via e-mail to newsletter subscribers, Eventbrite, and the Library & Museum’s Facebook.
- If you would like to present a lecture as a speaker for the Library’s Lecture Series, email the Director, Alexander Vastola (Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org) for more information.
Updated July 2022