Livingston Masonic Library & Museum Re-opening Procedures (April 2021)
Effective Monday, April 19, 2021
Library & Museum Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Tuesday and Thursday: 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- All patrons and researchers must email Director, Alexander Vastola, Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org to set up an appointment to checkout, return books, or conduct research. No walk-in visits are allowed.
COVID-19 Guidelines and Precautions for the Library & Museum:
- There is a limit of 5 patrons on-site at the Library & Museum at any given time, which includes any individual(s) with an appointment
- Masks are required, covering your nose and mouth. Any patron who does not abide by this rule will not be permitted inside the Library & Museum
- Disclaimer: The Library & Museum may not be open if a staff member or patron has come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or have themselves tested positive for COVID-19, and have been in the Library & Museum within the last week
- All patrons and staff are required to report any contact with someone who has had COVID-19. We will do contact tracing and, therefore, every patron is required to leave their name and contact information (phone number and email address) and the time of their visit.
Library Circulation and Masonic Reading Course Procedures:
- Pick up and drop off services for circulating books: Patrons should try to submit their requests ahead of their arrival to give staff time to prepare books and allow for swift transactions between patrons and staff
- All Masonic Reading Course-related requests (book return requests, renewals, etc.) from patrons should be sent to the Director, Alexander Vastola, (Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org)
- Patrons will still have the option to return books to the Library by mail.
- Reading Course Certificates owed to patrons for completing reading courses will be mailed directly to patrons
Library & Museum Research Room Procedures:
- All genealogy and research requests should be sent to the Library via email to the Librarian, Joseph Patzner (JPatzner@nymasoniclibrary.org)
- Brief computer use will be allowed for searching the Library catalog (stations will be wiped down after every use)
- All researchers must schedule an appointment to conduct on-site research
- No more than 2 patrons will be allowed to conduct sit-down research at the Library at any one time
- For patrons who cannot conduct their research at the Library, materials will still be prepared, scanned, and emailed to patrons.
Library & Museum Artifact Donation and Circulation Procedures:
- Anyone who would like to donate any book(s) or artifact(s) to the Library & Museum must notify the Director, Alexander Vastola (Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org)
- Any requests for the Library & Museum staff to display or send artifacts out to Masonic Lodges or Masonic organizations must be emailed to the Director, Alexander Vastola (Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org)
General Museum Inquiries:
- If you have additional questions regarding the artifact collection, please email the Director, (Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org)
Library Lecture Series:
- Since September of 2020, all library lectures have transitioned from an in-person to a virtual format streamed on YouTube Live
- Notices about the virtual library lectures will be posted to Eventbrite and the Library & Museum’s Facebook page
- If you would like to present a lecture as a speaker for the Library’s Lecture Series, email the Director, Alexander Vastola (Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org) for more information
Updated April 1, 2021