January 27, 2021
Livingston Masonic Library & Museum Limited Operations Procedures:
• Due to the increasing numbers of COVID-19 cases in New York State, the Livingston Masonic Library & Museum will be temporarily closed until further notice.• The staff of the Library & Museum will be working on-site in a limited capacity, therefore, it will take longer for the staff to answer genealogy and research requests.
• All genealogy and research requests should be sent to the Library via email to the Librarian, Joseph Patzner (JPatzner@nymasoniclibrary.org).
• No walk-in or appointment visits by patrons or researchers until further notice.
General Circulation/Research Procedures:
• Patrons will not be able to request books for research mailed to them until further notice.
• Research Requests – materials will be prepared, scanned, and emailed to patrons.
• Patrons who mail books should mail them directly to the library at the following address: The Chancellor Robert R. Livingston Masonic Library of Grand Lodge 71 West 23rd Street, 14th Floor, New York, N.Y. 10010
• For currently borrowed books, all late fees are waived and due dates for books are extended for the time being until May of 2021.
• *Regarding Museum Artifacts – the museum staff of the Livingston Masonic Library will not show or send artifacts out to Masonic Lodges or Masonic organizations until May of 2021.
The Masonic Reading Course:
• All Masonic Reading Course-related requests (book return requests, renewals, etc.) from patrons should be sent to the Director, Alexander Vastola, Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org, who is in control of circulation for the Masonic Reading Course.
• Books will not be mailed out to patrons for the Masonic Reading Course until further notice.
• Patrons will still be able to mail books to the Library to return them, as the Library will still be receiving mail, but patrons will not be able to return books in person until further notice.
• Reading Course Certificates owed to patrons for completing reading courses will be mailed directly to patrons.
Donations to the Library & Museum:
• Anyone who would like to donate book(s) or artifact(s) to the Library & Museum must notify the Director, Alexander Vastola (Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org)
Library Lecture Series:
• Since September of 2020, all library lectures have transitioned from an in-person to a virtual format through Zoom.
• Notices about the virtual library lectures will be posted to Eventbrite, the Library’s website and, Facebook page.
• If you would like to present a lecture as a speaker for the Library’s Lecture Series, email the Director, Alexander Vastola, Avastola@nymasoniclibrary.org for more information
Watch previous lectures hosted by the Library on our YouTube Channel!
Livingston Masonic Library Staff
Library Resources to Access From Home
Odilo Digital Library [Currently only available to members of the Grand Lodge of New York]
Lodge Historical Files [Available only to members of the Grand Lodge of New York]
E-Resources from fellow Masonic libraries & museums and non-Masonic libraries & museums
(Compiled by Director, Alex Vastola)E-Resources from fellow Masonic libraries & museums and non-Masonic libraries & museum
The above links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Chancellor Robert R Livingston Masonic Library of Grand Lodge (‘Livingston Masonic Library’) of any of the documents, books, products, services or opinions provided by the Onondaga and Oswego Districts Historical Societies or other third parties. The Livingston Masonic Library bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality, or content of the Onondaga and Oswego Districts Historical Societies or for that of subsequent links. Please contact the Onondaga and Oswego Districts Historical Societies for answers to questions regarding its content.
Last Updated March 3, 2021