Some of the strengths of the collection are:
- Over 60,000 volumes detailing Masonic history, origins, philosophy, symbolism, current events, esoterica and occultism;
- Historical files for every Lodge, Chapter, Council, Commandery and Valley in New York State;
- Extensive holdings of Masonic periodicals from all over the United States and the world, from the 1700s to the present day, including a large collection of Shrine publications;
- Subject files containing articles, essays, speeches and studies on numerous topics relating to Freemasonry;
- Biographical files on Masons known for their achievements both within the Craft and in wider historical contexts;
- Extensive collections of Masonic memorabilia, ritual artifacts, jewlery, aprons and other textile artifacts, artwork, engravings, paintings, and collections gathered by Past Grand Masters of New York;
- Rotating exhibits in the Reading Room of Masonic memorabilia and ephemeras.